Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Ayden Harper Stowell Arrives



My first grandchild, Ayden Harper Stowell, born: February 22, 2005 @ 7:25 p.m. CST in Little Rock, Arkansas USA. 6 pounds 14 ounces and 19 3/4 inches long. Mother Shannon Marie O'Connor-Stowell and Father Mark Stowell are doing well and are jubilant at his arrival after a worry-free delivery at Baptist Medical Center.

The irony isn't lost on me of the potential for losing my younger brother while gaining a beautiful new life in my grandson. My emotions are so balled up in me right now that I cannot really comment too much further but will only say I am blessed beyond measure.

I am opting to be called Papa and hope this sticks. Seems a bit more dignified and "classy" as compared to "grandpa" or some other such moniker. I am still amazed that my little girl has grown up so quickly and is now a mother herself. I had constant flashbacks of her own birth while awaiting Ayden's arrival.

Life is so short...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, how time flies!

Anonymous said...

And he grew up to be a terrible person. LMFAO!